Public Policy Office
- LocationWashington, DC
- Project Size22,000 SF
- Project Budget$3 million
- Services ProvidedProject Management
- Schedule10 months
PSG served as project and construction manager on Google’s Public Policy office in Washington, DC. Through a series of new product developments, acquisitions and partnerships, Google has expanded, and their tremendous growth led to a need for more office space. Google turned to PSG to assist them with their real estate needs.
PSG helped Google select the designer and general contractor; oversaw the design process; managed the building permit process; provided construction management services, including a complete commercial kitchen. We also coordinated FF&E, security, IT and audio visual elements.
Google's space consisted of open workstations featuring low walls. Perimeter offices with glass walls allowing light to filter through. The designers included four "phone booths", several informal meeting areas, spaces for coffee breaks and impromptu chats dispersed throughout the office.
Green Initiatives - Silver LEED elements:
- All materials were low-VOC compliant.
- Waste sent to LEED recycling facility.
- LEED compliant filters used.
- All workstations met Greenguard Environmental Institute standards.
- Perimeter offices feature a daylight harvesting system.
- High-efficiency AC units condition LAN room providing extra cooling.
- Carpet 25% recycled content was installed without glue (no toxins).
- Low odor paint, low VOC, 100% acrylic latex enamel.
- Ceiling tiles, wall panels, countertops and linoleum flooring made from recycled or renewable materials.