US Dept of Transportation
- LocationWashington DC
- Project Size1.9 Million square feet
- Project Budget$3 million
- Services ProvidedProject Management
- Schedule2005 - 2012
PSG began working with the US Department of Transportation (DOT) in 2005 as DOT embarked on the final stages of its new headquarters project. Located on an 11-acre parcel within the Southeast Federal Center in Washington, DC, the 1.9 million square foot complex consists of two towers, which houses the agency’s 5,700 employees.
PSG provided quality assurance and quality control for the Mechanical, Electrical and Plumbing systems. We also assisted with developing cost saving strategies by researching the latest equipment, design, and operations of post-9/11 security and emergency protocol for building management systems applications.
PSG provided an onsite employee for construction management services. Work included:
- Review and confirm project schedule and monitor progress to ensure timely and satisfactory completion.
- Monitor work to ensure compliance Perform periodic site inspections.
- Observe and report the quality and progress of the work.
- Monitor inspections by the local jurisdiction and expedite inspection approvals.
PSG resolved design issues on floors throughout the complex including MEP review of construction drawings, management of the A/E revisions on 15 floors, consulting on mission critical system infrastructure.
PSG managed the design and construction of a full size cooking kitchen.
We introduced cost savings using more efficient Variable Air Volume (VAV) boxes and light sensors throughout both towers.
PSG’s scope of work expanded as we evaluated the engineering issues that affected DOT’s ideal workplace standards.